Portraying the oldest daughter Tzeitel, Mel Weyn's gorgeous vocals stand out as well as her ability to land every line and dazzle us with her impeccable comedic timing.
- Natasha Ashley : Broadway World (Fiddler on the Roof National Tour)
Particularly impressive in this production are Mel Weyn as Tevye’s eldest daughter, Tzeitel, and Jesse Weil as her beloved tailor. Weyn enthralls and Weil delights in his celebratory number “Miracle of Miracles.”
- Tom Titus : LA Times (Fiddler on the Roof National Tour)
Speaking of super powers, how did they fit that giant voice in that tiny actress?
- Angie Field : The Mt. Carroll County News (Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat)
I have to say I was severely disappointed hearing Maria's understudy was going on for the performance, but that feeling did not last long. The girl (Mel Weyn) who played Maria was fantastic! She was warm and engaging and believable. The affection between Maria and the children was authentic. Her voice was melodic and pretty. So moving. I'll have to look for the girl who played Maria as I hope we will enjoy her again!
- Susan James of Boston, MA (The Sound of Music National Tour)
The connection between Tzeitel and Motel is adorably quirky and youthful, especially in “Miracle of Miracles,” where the two revel in Motel’s sudden bravery and their love for one another. Both Weyn and Weil embody their characters to a tee, and their voices soar over every note.
- Anne Simendinge : News Record, Cincinnati OH (Fiddler on the Roof National Tour)